Sunday 8 November 2009

Jingle Bells

Christmas is on it's way!

And I cannot wait. To top it all off, I have a job, which is fantastic. I love shopping Christmas time and I think living in a shop over the next few months is really gonna lift my mood and put me firmly in the Christmas spirit.




(Red bow, Dorothy Perkins, was £8 now £2.40, red lipstick 99p in the sale box at Superdrug)

So on that note, here's what I'll be spending my imaginary money on this year!

1) Sequin blazer. As soon as the imaginary money materialises it will be mine. In black.


2) Absolutely loving lace and will be trying to incorporate it as much as possible over xmas. Found two nifty items looking really similar, one in Topshop and one in Zara. Zara has a slightly better bubble skirt in my opinion but both are £45 and Topshop gives 10% student discount to the ladies...so I think in this situation it's going to have to be Topshop for the win.



3) Loving oversized fake furs and think they're more likely to take off this year after a few years of trying to trickle in slowly. Oasis has a really nice black one and really impressed with the River Island selection this season, for a not so full on look Zara has a really good range of different lengthed Gillets for a more layered look that might be easier to incorporate into an outfit rather than covering it all up with a full on faux coat.

4) Really liking the other the knee boots but unsure how practical they'll be as a full heel, think I'll be trying them out as flats as soon as I get paid. Whenever I get paid. If, ever, I get paid.

So! Now that's out of the way, some things I'm not so keen on...

1) River Islands little perfume, Chic, smells as cheap as it's priced at £7.99 but is a rather convincing knock off of Kenzo's Flowers but doesn't really last as long.

2) I'm in Season Two of Ugly Betty and do not like Gio's haircut. For those who are up to date don't tell me how it works out for them both unless he grows it.

3) My anniversary is coming up so looking for ideas of where to go, was hoping for a weekend away somewhere cheap and cheerful so ideas on a postcard please! Unless of course I'm hauled into work, in which case I'll be looking for a good restaurant, once again, suggestions please!

Current Swansea Highstreet Sales:

1) Claire's tights, boots and leggings are currently 30%. Walk into the store and I'll hand you a basket as I say that.

2) Dorothy Perkins has 70% off one of their jewellery stands at the moment, get in there quickly for some bargain christmas presents and stocking fillers

3) La Senza currently have their pyjamas at two for £20. Good to split with someone for a good gift for your mam!

4) Riiiiight at the back of Republic there's a £10 each stand, which I would have totally missed if I hadn't gone right to the back to try something on. There were still a few good pieces there but looks like the sale is coming to the end so get down there for a little mosey.

5) False eyelashes are buy one get one half price in Boots. Have a friend currently trying out the Cheryl Cole lashes from the Girls Aloud range which were included in the offer and will let you know how they worked out!

xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment